Last updated: 10th February 2023
At Beacon Advice we understand that privacy is important to our customers and visitors to our website.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your device by websites that you visit. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Cookies can be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies can be set by the owner of the website you are visiting (first-party cookies) or by third parties, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services on the website (third-party cookies).
- To recognise and remember your preferences and settings.
- To analyse how our website is used and improve its performance.
- To personalise your experience on our website by providing content that is tailored to your interests.
To serve and display advertising that is more relevant to you.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features. For example, they are used to remember your preferences and settings, to ensure that you are able to log in to your account and use our services securely.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use our website, such as which pages you visit and which errors you experience. This information helps us to improve the performance of our website.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies remember your preferences and settings, and allow us to personalise your experience on our website.
- Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. They also limit the number of times you see an advertisement and help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
- Third-party Cookies: We may also use third-party cookies from our partners, such as those used for analytics and advertising purposes. These cookies are governed by the privacy policies of the third-party companies that provide them.
Choices Regarding Cookies:
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience all features of our website.
Please note that if you choose to delete or block cookies, this may result in the loss of some functionality and features of our website.
Changes to this Policy:
Ready to get in touch?